Saturday, January 5, 2019

Overheard in Target:)


1) Several teenage girls as well as a couple of their moms were shopping in the sleepwear/lingerie department at Target. One of the girls, who appeared to be either finishing high school or an undergrad in college, stood between two racks of pajamas and held two different pair of bottoms high in the air.

"Heyyyy, Mooooom!" Her voice was loud and carried even though there was just the five of them, and me, in that section.

"Hmmm?" Distracted Mom didn't look up from the rack of robes she perused.

"Which of these is cuter?" The girl cocked her head to one side, obviously unsure what her selection should be.

Because I DO have a life and was in a bit of a hurry, I didn't even glance up; I just thought their convo was amusing.

"Welllll, I don't know. Depends on what you consider cute."

Inside, I applauded Mom. No, I hadn't looked up yet, but what a brilliant answer. Obviously she wasn't a huge fan of either pair.

"I mean," the girl was persistent, I gave her that, "which will be cuter, like, you know, if I need to run to the grocery store or something."

Shaking my head.

____________________________________

2) About 20 minutes later, I stood on the vitamin aisle, debating between tablet Melatonin versus Melatonin gummies. A young boy - about 7 - perused the weight loss programs and protein powders at the other end of the aisle with his mom.

"Whyyyy are you looking at this stuff?" he whined. "YOU don't work out."

I promise, y'all, I did my best to hide my grin, but it was soooo hard! Mom pushed the boy on the shoulder, forcing him to move ahead of her and her shopping cart.

"Right? YOU don't..." he must have seen something in her face that halted his words. He said no more until they rounded the endcap of the aisle. "That was about to be the biggest put-down EV. ER."

Poor boy. He sounded so proud of himself.

Somehow I have a feeling it didn't take long for his afternoon to turn dark.

Verrrrry dark. LOL!!!

___________________________________

3) If you are female, and have been an avid Target shopper for long at all, then you'll know exactly to what I refer when I mention the brand Gilligan & O'Malley.

Right before checking out, I spun through the leggings and socks area in search of my favorite kind of fuzzy-without-shedding, push down lounge socks. (NOTHING like them in these winter, all-you-wanna-do is curl up with a good book months:) An older, yet still teen-age employee moved about me, mumbling to herself and clutching a pair of socks. First she was on my left. Then on my right. Then asking me to excuse her as she knelt in front of me to check the SKU numbers on the bottom row of sock racks.

Finally, she let out an exhausted sigh, stood up, and strode (with purpose, mind you) over to an older, seasoned employee, working about 20 feet away in the shoe department.

She held out the socks as though they were poison. "I cannot find where these Gilligan Island socks are suppose to go!!"

Yep...me AND the older sales lady collapsed with laughter.

Y'all I NEEDED that Target run! Laughter like that is great for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment