Wednesday, January 2, 2019

ndulge n life.

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."  - Mother Teresa

I have always been so fascinated...maybe the better word is driven...to somehow change the world. Now I don't mean that in an I'm going to run for Presidential office type of way, or even the mindset that I somehow have the ability within my own power to effect a change that could alter a person's lifelong circumstances.

Believe me, I'm not that self-confident, nor am I that naive. Instead, I've always bought into the belief that every single person, collectively, makes a difference in the world around them; the difference in the size of the impact comes down to the level of care we have in doing so, and in the effort we are willing to put forth to make it happen.

"I tried to change the world, but I was outnumbered." - unknown
Too many times, our lack of confidence, or belief, or conviction in what we are doing quickly shuts down the efforts we had so wholeheartedly embraced but a little while back. Whether we allow our own self-doubt, or the negativity of the voices around us to influence our thinking, we give up without hanging around to actually see the change take place. And I truly believe change takes place when folks put out the effort. It may not always be in their lifetime, or while they are still close to see it, and that's a shame simply because we are human and humans require validation. Some of us like to think that we don't...but...yeah, we do...

Yesterday I blogged about my KREW.  The diverse group of women of all ages and walks of life, with different goals, varying personalities, and obvious differences - but united by one thing: the single belief that when we lift one another up through positive affirmation we help ourselves, we help others, and we help the generation of women coming along behind us. Even though our lives have been blessed beyond measure these past few months and these ladies are busy with the "next chapter" God is calling them to (we will still keep Insta going somehow!!!:), I knew that I personally wasn't through with this mission. Instead, I needed to find a way for my busy life and my talents to now fit into someone else's magnificent "vision."

A few months ago I found that in ndulge. After doing due diligence, both as a researcher and as a consumer, I was blown away, overjoyed, and beyond excited to jump on board with this growing, excited group of ladies! I knew I needed to wait, though, as things around the B&B, school, and family were pressing me and I was all too aware that I needed - more than ever - to give of myself, but to do so in a way that was respectful of the life I live, the jobs I work, and the family I love.

So I've spent the past three months getting ready for this day. The day when I could finally introduce ndulge to my group of friends and the "tens of readers" :) I have in the blogosphere. Not only are they are wonderful company of athleisure wear and accessories started by SISTERS, but they give back 33% of their proceeds to women and children around the world, something that - those of you who know me well - know is very close to my heart.

I won't go any further into the many, many wonderful things they do, or the products they manufacture and sell right now; instead I'll let you cruise their site (OUR site:) at your leisure. For your convenience, I've added an "Ndulge" tab on our Wildernest B&B website - right where Bohotique used to reside. Same principles. Same beliefs. Different Concept.

SAME CHANGE.
“It’s a philosophy of life. A practice. If you do this, something will change, what will change is that you will change, your life will change, and if you can change you, you can perhaps change the world.” – Vivienne Westwood
If - no, when, you make a purchase, please use my unique discount code: StaciW10 for 10% off of your ENTIRE first purchase. 

In the coming days and weeks, I will be sharing some of the products, some of the ways we give back, and some of the personal stories that women who have been touched by ndulge want you to know. In the meantime, remember this:

"Making one personal smile can change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world."  - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment