Friday, February 22, 2019

Be THAT woman!

A few weeks ago I got into a Facebook conversation about feminism and modern-day feminism. Someone mentioned that I was the latter and - I have to admit - I was taken aback and kind of ashamed that someone thought of me in that way. But we continued to talk (these are gals that I highly respect) and I soon realized that my idea of feminism dated back to the days of bra-burning and "we can do everything a man can do, but in high heels," but they were referring to the way I seek to empower other ladies, the way I absolutely adore promoting other women's businesses and entrepreneurial endeavors.

Last summer, when I opened The Bohotique and Ali and Peyton (who worked for me) started up our Instagram page, the number one thing I wanted to do through that avenue was to bring women together. For us all to realize that the pettiness and drama that so often go along with female relationships was totally unnecessary. We are more powerful and have a much stronger voice when we uplift and support one another instead of letting jealousy and insecurity stunt our friendship growth. Don't you agree?

Personally, I love seeing a fellow female flourish and excel at what she does. It inspires me, motivates me, and sometimes just gives me that swift kick in the butt that I need to get my own shizzle together and start making things happen!

If you can relate, comment below and tag a friend in business so we can ALL benefit!!

XXOO, Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment