Thursday, November 29, 2018

Kingdom Come

“Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10

I think as followers of Jesus we sometimes spend so much time trying to determine where God is leading us, or what His calling is for our lives, that maybe we miss - or just underestimate - the calling He gave us all.
What calling is greater than bringing and building HIS kingdom here and now on earth?  Shouldn’t that be our primary focus each day? When I pause in the midst of the busiest of busy days and consider my priorities - or lack of them... Humbles me, that’s for sure. I pray that this would be more true of my life, and that each morning I would rise up, to raise up the kingdom of God!
I think we forget that it is OUR responsibility to bring heaven to earth. (Luke 17:20 “For indeed, the kingdom of God is ‘within you.”) We have the opportunity to shine light on the “door of hope,” the work of the cross. This hope propels us to be on mission for the growth of His kingdom, and it permits us to use the ordinary day-to-day occurrences to allow this to happen. (Hebrews 16:9 “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure…”)

I want to be motivated by waking up each day knowing that while I am still alive on this earth God has something for me to do here, some purpose to accomplish in me, or through me. I spent years thinking that MY PURPOSE would somehow be larger than life, or be revealed in a divine way, or even be marked be a definite MOMENT - a moment in time where I would know I was forever changed.

I've since come to realize that, while these moments do indeed exist for some, the divine is often hidden in the mundane, the everyday...the ordinary. It is my response to these moments that define whether or not I am reflecting Him, whether or not I am fulfilling His purpose and plan for THIS season of life. 

Even though I am sometimes unclear as to what that purpose is, I intrinsically know that it surely must ultimately have to do with allowing “His kingdom to come, and His will to be done.” So it is my prayer that I would be full of hope and as a result illuminate glimpses of His kingdom through my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment